Joyce Y. Suber
Ministry Leader’s Motivational Message:
It’s extremely fulfilling to collaborate with and disseminate to our Ministries and Members information regarding educational opportunities and resources, including scholarships, internships, college and career options. It will be an honor having you join us!
Ministry’s Mission Statement:
By the aid of the Holy Spirit, we shall provide scholarships, grants, resources to other financial assistance, and college planning to our members. We shall partner with parents, and mentor students to increase the potential and possibility of all our students to attend college and/or higher educational institutions.
Brief Synopsis of Ministry’s 2016 Accomplishments:
- Black History Program with collaboration with the Black Story Tellers of San Diego
- Scholarship Program and awards
- Collaboration with the AIM Ministry to disseminate information regarding college/ careers and parent workshop
- Disseminated information on SAT and FAFSA workshops for college bound students
- Disseminated information on scholarships
- Provided information on Cal SOAP College Fair and HBCU Fair
Brief Synopsis of 2017 Goals:
- To provide information regarding college scholarship applications and workshops
- To provide information on college and career readiness, workshops, conferences, etc.
- To create and perform a MLK Program (Jan. 2017) and a Black History Program (Feb. 2016)
- To develop the NLBC Scholarship program and awards ceremony, 2016.
Dates and Brief Descriptions of 2017 Events/Programs:
- Black History Program – February
- Scholarship Program – Time TBD – June
2017 Scholarship Application